Saturday, September 22, 2012

Straw hat hiker who does not own a straw hat?

Evidently enough I do not own a straw hat, although I do still have an old boy scout hat but does not fit my grown head anymore.. Looks like a trip to a hat shop is in need!
But what is so interesting about a straw hat? Why do I fancy it? Why not an actual technical cap that enhances my experience in the outdoor?

Well I've always look at the patty rice farmers in china(motherland) with great admiration. Working in the fields, carrying heavy loads into the field, dirtying their hands to cultivate the soil for a great harvest in the future. I look at their hard work with majestic beauty as the minimalist in me sings with admiration to these people living the small life. And that straw hat is there companion in the field.
Shielding their eyes from the torrid rays of the sun, deflecting the rain from going down their face, that straw hat they have is a beautiful silly little thing.
I want one as my companion to future adventures in the desert, mountains, grasslands, forest, and even in the snow. I shall carry it with pride and joy! Time to get me a straw hat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment